Re: Passing Arguments in Forms - Newbie

From: Olga Greep <olga_at_hi.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:10:54 +0100

Hi Kevin,

Forget about the parameter-list, you do not need such a thing here.

Calling FORM_A from FORM_C you could do it like this:

In FORM_C you’ll have a trigger calling FORM_A If the value you need to populate FORM_A with is in a current row in your FORM_C
You’ll write the following code:

Of course if the desired value comes from some calculation you can fill the global with the variable that contains the calculation.

Then in FORM_A you’ll need the following two triggers:

A when-new-form-instance trigger::
If get_application_property (calling_form) = ‘FORM_C’ Then

   Execute_query;
End if;

A pre-query trigger:
If get_application_property (calling_form) = ‘FORM_C’ Then

   :Block_in_A.item_in_A := :global.you_name_it; end if;

This should work,

Good luck
Olga Greep