How to improve Dev6.0?

From: Dennis Virt <denvirt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:10:07 +0300

Dear comp.databases.oracle.misc and comp.databases.oracle.tools,

Recently I became a happy user of Oracle Developer 6.0. I use mainly Procedure Builder for developing packages and triggers. My impression about this product (the only one I know on the market for debuggin server-side Oracle code) has worsened a lot since I started to notice that it does not support some features of Oracle 8i that I've already used quite a few times (like DSQL without DBMS_SQL, NVARCHAR2 fields and some others). I've found out that PL/SQL client side library that I have is 8.0.5. Is there any way I can get and install a newer one, so that I can debug procedures that have NCHAR and NVARCHAR2 parameters and don't have to rewrite my EXECUTE IMMEDIATE and OPEN FOR statements.

Any comment, advice or link is welecome/

Dennis Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 02:10:07 CST