Re: Rinky dink marketplaces

From: Todd Boyle <tboyle_at_NoSMAProsehill.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:53:36 GMT

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:15:02 -0500, Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:

>>Noplace on that pager or anyplace else on the public
>>website is there any word about cost, let alone the
>>amount of the price.

>click on the link that says "About GlobalNetXchange"
>
>there you have an overview and more links. If you goto the Frequently Asked
>Questions you find:
>Q: What does it cost suppliers to participate on GlobalNetXchange?
>
>There is no charge to be a member of GlobalNetXchange. There will be a fee for
>transactions conducted over GlobalNetXchange, but these will be a very small
>percentage of the overall dollar volumes and will not impact the financial
>benefits to be gained from the system. Registered users will be notified of the
>specific fee structure as these services are enabled.

Thank you, Kyle. I spent a while searching the site and missed that.

Now that you mention it, I still think it's rather odd to give my credit card number when I enter a store instead of when I reach the checkout counter.

And would like to know how much it costs for transactions conducted over GlobalNetExchange before the whole rigamarole of registering and searching the website and getting involved in a marketplace. Marketplaces are "sticky".

I spent half an hour trying to get pricing information from sales channel at Ariba. I couldn't even get them to say whether its like 3 figures, 4 figures, or 5 figures or what. They want to know your business model first.

I guess the price depends on, well, how much money you have. Kind of like haggling over used cars.

No aspersions intended. Maybe I just don't understand this fully,