Re: Rinky dink marketplaces

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:15:02 -0500

A copy of this was sent to toddboyle_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:55:04 GMT, you wrote:

>I nominate this as the Rinky Dink website of the month,
>for its total incompleteness, lack of documentation or
>background orientation.
>
>http://www.globalnetxchange.com in which Oracle would
>aspire to become a marketplace platform to compete with
>Ariba and CommerceOne.
>
>Most of the screens immediately dump you into a
>ARE YOU REGISTERED YET, in which you first input
>your whole company's informaiton then after 10 minutes
>of work you are asked for your Credit Card to pay for
>your services in the Exchange.
>
>Noplace on that pager or anyplace else on the public
>website is there any word about cost, let alone the
>amount of the price.

goto http://www.globalnetxchange.com/

   click on the link that says "About GlobalNetXchange"

there you have an overview and more links. If you goto the Frequently Asked Questions you find:

Q: What does it cost suppliers to participate on GlobalNetXchange?

There is no charge to be a member of GlobalNetXchange. There will be a fee for transactions conducted over GlobalNetXchange, but these will be a very small percentage of the overall dollar volumes and will not impact the financial benefits to be gained from the system. Registered users will be notified of the specific fee structure as these services are enabled. ....

Note that none of these information pages under "About..." ask for or require a logon.

--
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 10:15:02 CST