Re: Oracle Thin Driver & applet creation

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:26:40 GMT

Hi,
  do you understand why you would need to sign an applet? A driver does not provide any magic pill in regards to the sandbox.

  So, if your database server and your webserver are the same machine, no signing required.

  If your database server is a different machine than the webserver, then yes you are now stepping out of the sandbox and need to sign the applet to grant it that right.

cheers,
cindy