database redesigning

From: <govindk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:30:23 GMT

  I have been given an oracle database which was made in a haste to load

  the data coming from a mainframe source. Most of the tables have many to

  many relation between them and to maintain that an intermediate relation

  table(having primary keys of both tables) were made.The relation is

  maintained by the frontend forms 5.0 application only and there is no

  foreign key relation in the database.The forms are working fine.

  My question is that is it necessary to maintain foreign key relation in

  table and if i do that how much it will impact the forms?

  And also if i split some of the large tables(having 100 columns) will it

  increase the speed of application

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 03:30:23 CST