Re: SYS.UET$ mutating table

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:20:42 GMT

In article <8add9b$5tg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jpettice_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm getting a ORA-06512 error on a trigger that for each insert into
> Table A inserts a record into Table B. The message text tells me that
> it is a mutating table error. The odd thing about it is that it says
> that its on table SYS.UET$. Can anyone tell me what this system table
> is and why it may be mutating because of a trigger that hasn't been
> changed in 6 months. Thanks for your help.

It is a bug in 8.0. recursive sql (space request and such) can sometimes erroneously trigger this error.

call support, reference bug 697443.

--

Thomas Kyte                              tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Mar 11 2000 - 16:20:42 CST