Retrieving data from Oracle 7 DB using VBA/DAO

From: adam <adam.g_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:15:31 -0000

Hi,
Having a bit of trouble with this.
I create a Database variable (called orastats), based on an existing User DSN for the Oracle DB in question. I am working on NT4 SP5 with Excel 97 VBA. I then call OpenDatabase. The connection seems to work without error (I've tried Debug.print orastats.Connection to check, and the connection string is returned as I input, so I'm fairly sure this bit is working). However, when I call OpenRecordset on this database object, and pass it the SQL string as a parameter, I find that after about 2 minutes (which is roughly how long it takes to do this query, I know this because I've successfully carried out the query using MSQuery) I get a message saying:

Runtime error '3669'.
Execution cancelled.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Sorry, I can't post the exact code right now as I don't have it with me.

Thanks
--
Adam Received on Sat Mar 11 2000 - 05:15:31 CST