Re: Import Problem!!!

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:27:18 +0800

lkj741_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> when I was importing my dmp file for a user in a user_table that
> I created in the new database I'm getting this error massage.
>
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
> ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace
> TEMP
>
> Also in my alart log I'm getting this error
>
> ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 46080 in tablespace
> TEMP
>
> SVRMGR> select * from dba_tablespaces;
> TABLESPACE_NAME INITIAL_EX NEXT_EXTEN MIN_EXTENT
> MAX_EXTENT PCT_INCREA MIN_EXTLEN STATUS CONTENTS LOGGING
> ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------
> -- ---------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------
> SYSTEM 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> RBS 131072 131072 2
> 121 0 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> TEMP 83886080 94371840 1
> 2147483645 0 0 ONLINE TEMPORARY LOGGING
> TOOLS 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> USERS 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> xxrops 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> xxxxxxx 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> xxxxxx 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> xxxxxx 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> xxxxx 10240 10240 1
> 121 50 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING
> 10 rows selected.
>
> Please give me your input.
>
> Thanks
> Ashadul.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Probably occurred when trying to build your indexes or constraints. Look at importing without indexes and building the indexes later with the nologging option .

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 21:27:18 CST