Re: Errors when installing Oracle8i on NT4

From: rockcogar <rock_cogarNOroSPAM_at_my-deja.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:35:23 -0800

I have had installs of Oracle server fail due to both lack of disk space and lack of RAM.

In both cases I could not uninstall a partial installation. The solution was to either (1) reinstall NT [!] or (2) delete files installed by Oracle installer and do surgery on the NT registry. I have done it both ways.

Next you have to fix the CAUSE of the install failure (i.e. free up disk space, install more RAM). And lastly reinstall Oracle.

hth
Rock.