User does not exit?!?

From: Denis Goeury <dgoeury_at_mediarenaissance.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:57:20 -0500

Hi,

I am a new user to Oracle 8i Lite.

I would like to create a new user and use this user name to connect to a database with SQL*Plus.

For this purpose, I created a new database named MyDb with Oracle8 Navigator. After that, I connected to this database as "system" user and "odbc:POLITE:MyDb" for the host string. Once connected, I created a new user with the following commands:

create user denis identified by denis;
grant ddl to denis;
commit;

From this moment, I thought that I could use this new name to connect with SQL*Plus, but I always received a "user does not exist" error message.

Why?

Thanks for your help,

Denis. Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 13:57:20 CST