Re: RMAN backs up to disk on second machine?

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:42:03 -0500

Thah is right. Using RMAN on NT you just start the "backup" Oracle server process on remote Solaris box and that server process can write on to the local filesystem (or tape with LSM) only. However if you have NFS agent available on NT you could try to mount some NT directory to your Solaris box and allocate a backup channel to that mounted filesystem (from the remote NT) and see if that works (I didn't try that way).

Good luck,
Eugene.