Re: PO on Rel 11i Beta

From: Thomas A. Perkins, C.P.M. <tperkins_at_perthos.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:40:31 -0700

bob sullivan wrote:

> "Thomas A. Perkins, C.P.M." wrote:
> > Is anyone using 11i in pre-production release for the PO application?
> >
> > We are researching the impact of an upgrade from 10.7 SC, and need more
> > than the public information disseminated by Oracle, if possible.
>
> We went from 10.7SC to 11.02, and it was a monster jump... It took
> months for the user screams to die down to a dull roar... 10.7 to
> 11i is an even huger jump--two releases later.
>
> Hope your upgrade goes well. Best of luck.
>
> cheers,
> ~bob

Bob,

Thanks for the [grim] input :-) but wasn't the performance better? Did the users find any apps interfaces that had changed drastically? It is my understanding that most aspects "look" the same, but the background processes (not to mention the 3-tier architecture) work much better in most implementations. So why were the users screaming?

Thanks - Tom Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 10:40:31 CST