Re: HELP! Double the memory, now where to put it?

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:06:43 GMT

I don't have the version 7 installation guide to have but the alpha VMS version 8.0.5 admin guide talks of a maximum that is overcome by using a VLM 64 bit feature (page 1-5). Perhaps a would with Oracle Support would straighten this one out.

One thing you could do (all other things being equal) with the extra memory is upgrade to version 8.0.5. This is more hungry version but brings lots of nice new features some of which contribute to adding performance. The CBO is better and online rebuild of indexes for instance (with Ent. Edition).

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>