WebDB opinions ?

From: Adam Lipscombe <alipscombe_at_ingenta.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:06:59 GMT

Folks,

I am interested in hearing opinions on WebDB....

I have been using v2.1 to produce some simple reports and forms to provide administrator functionality on an existing database. Simple things like adding, modifying and deleting users etc.

WebDB does not seem to have anywhere near enough functionality..... For example it seems impossible when doing a form "insert" to populate columns in a table with programmatically set (i.e. no user interaction) values such as the current time and user name.

I would be grateful if anyone who has successfully used this tool to produce forms that create rows with some user enetered data and some auto-generated data could share their experiences...
Any good tutorials or learning resources?

Thanks - Adam

Adam Lipscombe       Tel: (+44) 1225 323846
Ingenta Ltd             email:alipscombe_at_ingenta.com
BUCS Building
University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY
U.K.