question on OCI drivers

From: Joe D <joed_at_icoms.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:24:04 -0500

Hi, I have a two host system setup. The application sits on the front-end where the Oracle 8.0.5 client software is installed. On the back-end is the Oracle 8.0.5 database. I have had a engineer request that I install the OCI drives on the client. I found the OCI drives under JDBC via the Oracle Installer. I have installed the OCI software. However, the engineer is telling me that none of the *.h files are there, ie oci.h, ociextp.h, ori.h ...

I can see these files on the Oracle 8.0.5 cd.

Both of the systems are SUN's running 2.6 of the OS.

Can anyone give any insight on whether on not these files are suppose to be copied during the install? If so, where should they have been placed? and, Can I just copy them manually?

TIA, Joe Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 07:24:04 CST