How do I determine if someone is logged in to a d.b.

From: jeffro <jeffrowland_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 20:24:50 GMT

Hi, I am new to Oracle and having the job of Oracle DBA thrust on me. One question I need help on is determining if anyone is logged into or working with a D.B. Its a maze trying to reading through all the documentaton.

I have worked with OEM using the Instance Manager and then clickings on sessions. I have also had someone tell me to use the query

select * from dsk_logins.

The above query shows a login name that does not show up using Instance Manager-> Sessions

Also I was unable to find dsk_logins mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

I am using ORACLE 8.0.5.
Any help appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:24:50 CST