Re: DDL in a PL/SQL block?

From: RoadRaat <roadraat_at_aol.com>
Date: 05 Mar 2000 15:52:37 GMT

Thank you for your reply.

Clearly the solution to this problem is presently beyond my scope. I haven't yet studied packages. I went to your website, though, and now have the scripts you suggested so I can examine them thoroughly and learn from them. I particularly like your coding style. That is a nice model for me to emulate.

My idea for a back up script was admittedly not a production level program. Working with Oracle 8 on student machines, I just wanted to be able copy all tables into backup tables so that no matter how I screw up the tables, I could restore from the backups and leave the machine the way I left it. A CREATE statement works in any SQL*Plus script I write, but doesn't work in a PL/SQL block.

Onward and upward.

RoadRaat Received on Sun Mar 05 2000 - 09:52:37 CST