Re: Oracle8i on Linux: java/lang/Thread

From: <codex_at_thecoventree.com>
Date: 04 Mar 2000 07:43:47 EST

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 17:49:15 +0100, Cornelia Luoni <luoni5_at_cuimail.unige.ch> wrote:

>Hello
>I'm installing Oracle8i on Linux (SuSe) and get
>the following error messages in the "Configuration
>Tools" :
>

> Tool Name Status
> --------- ------
> Net8 Configuration Assistant failed
> Oracle Database Config. Assistant failed
>
> Details for both:
> -----------------
> Unable to intitialize threads: cannot find
> class java/lang/Thread.
> Could not create Java VM
>

>I have java jre1.1.7 installed and as far as I
>could detect, oracle8i needs jre1.1.6. so that
>should be ok.... or not?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>Cornelia

After reading several errata documents from the Oracle site (http://otn.oracle.com) they specifically state that you should install EXACTLY the pre-reqs that they indicate (glibc, jre, etc...)

Also, the Oracle8i setup was only tested (according to the documentation again) on Red Hat 6.0 so I don't know if that might have anything to do with your issue.

Good luck!

Geordon Received on Sat Mar 04 2000 - 06:43:47 CST