Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Larry <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2000/03/03

I can understand why you would be confused. What you've read is accurate ... exploitation support for these functions will be in UDB V7. UDB V6 already runs on Windows/2000. But LDAP support has been in UDB since V6 was released. It's just that Microsoft has now incorporated LDAP support into the "Active Directory" function of Windows/2000, and UDB will not support this till V7. Net net ... if you want to use LDAP with UDB V6, you need to buy a supported LDAP server (I think there is a product called IBM Secureway, for example). Hope this helps.