Re: ORACLE AP Invoice Interface

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_DELETECAPSusa.net>
Date: 2000/03/02

Perhaps this is a forgone conclusion, but trying to figure out the Oracle Financials world, especially the AR interface, was nearly impossible for me until we finally received both the User Guide for Receivables and the Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs). The TRMs were like somebody turned the light on. Now that I'm done with the AR interface I'm supposed to start on the AP side. Oracle Support told me the AP side was easier. Your posting doesn't bode well for the truth of their statement.

On the AR side it was the LINE_TYPE column that told AutoInvoice what kind of invoice line it was. There was also the CUST_TRX_TYPE_NAME column that I recall indicated it was an invoice, and not a credit memo or other such. Hope I'm getting this right; I'm at home and can't check the data right now.

best of luck,
- bill c.

"Dave" <DaveTati_at_Sprynet.com> wrote in message news:89m08h$ek9$1_at_nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently working on a conversion from a legacy system to bring
 across
> invoices, credit memos and expense reports into ORACLE AP. I've done some
> testing and I'm fine with bring across invoices but when I try to bring
> across expense reports it just imports them as standard invoices. Maybe
 I'm