Re: sqlnet and windows 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:15:15 +0100

I would forget about this. 7.3.3 has been desupported a long time ago and hence never tested on windows 2000. If you don't resolve it yourself, you won't get any support from Oracle.
It always amazes me people think when they have fairly old third-party software (this time Oracle vs Microsoft) it automatically should work against the newest versions of Microsoft software. We all know Microsoft is continually changing Windows, and a party like Oracle simply can't start to think about certifying their software against any new service pack or new release.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA