Newbie Question

From: Erin Peterson <ekp_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:20:02 GMT

Hi all. I'm new to Oracle and I have a relatively newbie-like question to ask.

I am connecting to an Oracle 8.05 database through PowerBuilder 6.5 and when I run a particularly complex SQL Select, I get the following error:

"Select Error: ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP"

I cut and pasted the SQL that I built in PowerBuilder into my Oracle client software, ran the Select and still got the same error. Like I said, the Select is fairly complex and uses 7 tables in the FROM clause. Have I overrun some Oracle restraint on the number of joined tables that I can use in the Select? Or is the problem something like a full transaction log or something along that line?

Again, this is probably a pretty newbie question so I apologize but the danger of working on Saturday is that the DBA is never around when you need him.

TIA,
Erin Peterson Received on Sat Feb 26 2000 - 09:20:02 CST