Are SPs as Fast as C programs on Oracle?

From: <Sean_at_kewi.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:57:50 GMT

Hello,

I am working on a PL/SQL stored procedure that does some moderately intensive data manipulation (after making the calls to the dbase).

I am wondering if it is faster to have a C object in Oracle make the calls to the database directly and crunch the data appropriately or will the PL/SQL procedure run faster?

Or when you compile the PL/SQL procedure, does it write it to "optimized" machine code?

Thanks,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 14:57:50 CST