Re: Are SPs as Fast as C programs on Oracle?

From: Thomas Olszewicki <ThomasO_at_cpas.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:52:05 GMT

>Or when you compile the PL/SQL procedure, does it write it to
> "optimized" machine code?

No, Pl/SQL is a p-code compiler (Like old VB). In other words it is a little faster interpreter.
It is very fast to access and manipulate data, but rather slow for floating point calcs.
It is very easy to write programs with... "Intensive data manipulation" may have very many meanings. You must try your own tests.
Just my 2 cents (after writing 120K lines of Pl/SQL)

Thomas