Re: CAN'T OPEN THE DATABASE...why?

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:19:59 GMT

If it is a NEW database why not create it as NEW in the new location

Move database between machine is often fraught with pitfalls. Is it the same version of the OS. Is it the same version of the server software. Are all the files in the same location on the disk subsystem. and so it goes one. If you need to transfer the data you can even do that after creating a NEW database with an export from OLD to import on NEW.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>