CAN'T OPEN THE DATABASE...why?

From: <lkj741_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:42:01 GMT

After transferring new database from my DEV machine to the new server through FTP I’m having problem opening the database. When I installed the database I had to change the SID. I also updated Oratab, init.ora all the necessary files.

After doing all changes I tried to startup the database. I could start the instance, but couldn’t mount the database and couldn’t open the database. I was getting the ORA-00205 error. So I did change the control file by connecting the old database and using ..
>alter database backup controlfile to trace;

I did change the Sid and the entire log files Sid and datafiles SIDS and ran that script on my new database.

Now I can run startup the database and mount. But when I try to open up the database by…..
SVRMGR>alter database open;

ORA-01589 must use RESETLOGS OR NO RESETLOGS option for database open.

SVRMGR>alter database open resetlogs;

ORA- 01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data file 1: ‘/db0/u01/oradata/rock/system01.dbf’

Any idea, please help. It is a new database I don’t have anything to recover.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:42:01 CST