Re: Oracle-SQL-Server / Novell 3.11/ Data-Export

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:05:15 GMT

  1. Oracle EXP command generates a binary file which is useless in your case.
  2. You could use scripts like the following one to generated flat files which can be imported into almost any thing. (This script was generated using my freeware SQLPlusPlus using BLDDAT('EMP') command.)

SET HEADING OFF
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET TERMOUT OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET LINESIZE 2000
SET TRIMSPOOL ON
SPOOL test_emp.dat
SELECT
   empno||CHR(44)

   ||chr(34)||ename||chr(34)||CHR(44)
   ||chr(34)||job||chr(34)||CHR(44)
   ||mgr||CHR(44)
   ||chr(34)||hiredate||chr(34)||CHR(44)
   ||sal||CHR(44)
   ||comm||CHR(44)
   ||totsal||CHR(44)
   ||deptno||CHR(44)
   ||chr(34)||dname||chr(34)

FROM test.emp;
SPOOL OFF SET TERMOUT ON regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib
+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

+---------------------------------------------------------------

Uwe Pommerenke <trimedia_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:88tcmj$f8p$1_at_news08.btx.dtag.de...
> Hi NG! (I do not know anything about Oracle!)
> I have to export several data from a Oracle database running on a
Novell
> 3.11 Server with a oracle SQL-Server.
> How can I do this (e.g. into a dBase-format) ?
> Hope for your support
>
> Kind regards
> --
> Uwe Pommerenke
>
> trimedia_at_t-online.de

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 03:05:15 CST