Packet Write Error

From: Optimal Jedi <optimaljedi_at_nospam.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 03:06:45 GMT

Anyone know what could cause a Packet Write Error? I think the number is ORA-12571. I get it when i try to connect to or ping (using tnsping80) a database on our network server. I'm on Win 2000 and I get the error with Oracle 8i or Oracle 8.0.5. The database works fine if you use Oracle 8.0.4 on Win95/98 so there's nothing wrong with it.

--
Luciano Belotto
replace nospam with usa for e-mail.