Re: Packet Write Error

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:59:25 -0800

Optimal Jedi wrote:

> Anyone know what could cause a Packet Write Error? I think the number is
> ORA-12571. I get it when i try to connect to or ping (using tnsping80) a
> database on our network server. I'm on Win 2000 and I get the error with
> Oracle 8i or Oracle 8.0.5. The database works fine if you use Oracle 8.0.4
> on Win95/98 so there's nothing wrong with it.
>
> --
> Luciano Belotto
> replace nospam with usa for e-mail.
> http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Fountain/6895/

As you have a packet error when pinging, your network is to blame, not Oracle. Make that work (the simple ping) and only then start the Oracle TCP/IP stack. You'll need a listener on the server side, and a tnsnames on the client.

Hth,
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 16:59:25 CST