Developer/Runtime Conflict

From: Sanford Ross <sross_at_atstraffic.com>
Date: 2000/02/16

I have an NT box with Oracle Client Software Rel. 7.3.3.0.0 installed. I do this because I need the runtime objects and Objects for OLE (2.1.02.0.0A).

I then attempt to install Oracle Reports (2.5.7.0.4) from the Oracle Developer/2000 Rel. 1.2 CD. The installer starts chugging away and midway through the installation I get the error:

"Dr. Watson for Windows NT"

"An application error has occurred and an application error log is being
generated."

"ORAINST.exe Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x101378ea"

This crashes the installer. The same happens with Forms 4.5.8.1.2.

If I install the products in the opposite order (first Developer, then the OLE Objects) the second install crashes in a similar manner. I can't seem to get the two to coexist on the same machine.

I would love to just load up the latest and greatest, but we have to support a client site on earlier versions.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sanford Ross
American Traffic Systems Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CST