Linux6.1 oracle8.1.5 install HANGS at Database config asst.

From: <praveen_at_royal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:47:27 GMT

Subject: Linux6.1, oracle8.1.5 installation HANGS when trying to install Database configuration assistant 8.1.5.

Hi,
I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.5 on Linux 6.1 following the instructions downloaded from Oracle/Technet. I tried to install every thing except "Intermedia". My installation failed three times at "Installing Oracle Database Configuration Assistant 8.1.5". It just HANGS at this point. It also,
displays "Copying dbassistRedo_log.html10". I tried to just install Oracle server by turning off all the other options but, it fails on the same point. I tried to select "quit only this product" under the CANCEL button option but, it doesn't respond at all. Any help is very well appreciated.

Thanks,
Praveen Mereddy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 19:47:27 CST