Re: Has any ne used create dimension in oracle 8?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:47:04 -0000

It looks as if what you want is a materialized view of the form:

    create or replace materialized view

        .... extra lines in here
    as

        select ps_id, ls_id, sum(salesprice)
        from ms1_tab
        group by ps_id, ls_id

    ;

If a summary table created like this reduces your number of rows by a factor of about 10 then it could be beneficial to create the MV.

Most queries of the form you have supplied would then go to the MV.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk