Re: Has any ne used create dimension in oracle 8?

From: Parvinder Singh <parora_at_questone.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:34:32 GMT

dave mausner wrote:

> parora_at_questone.com (Parvinder Singh) wrote in
> <389AA9E7.7F7058E0_at_questone.com>:
>
> >Hi all oracle 8 pros
> >
> > Has any one used the dimension feature of oracle - 8 ?? if yes can u
> >please tell me how can i view data stored in a dimension
>
> the usual way: select X from Table where ...
>
> a dimension is a way to supply information to the query-rewriting process
> so that dynamic aggregated views can be performed. you do not invoke the
> dimension directly to look at the data yourself.

Thanks Dave
If i have a query something like this

select pd_id, ls_id sum(salesprice)
from ms1_tab
where pd_id >0 and pd_id<244
and ls_id >0 and ls_id <66
can i create materialized view with respect to query like this ?? (coz the 0, 244 and 66 is the variable part and that will be the dynamic...) any idea ??

one way which i have thought is create a temporary table with respect to the dynamic values and then may be equate that field with the table where the values are stored ...what do u say ?