Hints and statistics

From: Marko Draisma <mdraisma.dit.verwijderen_at_multiweb.nl>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 10:25:43 GMT

Sometimes Oracle overrides a hint for a query. For example: yesterday one of my students tried to force oracle to do a nested-loops query, but after the EXPLAIN PLAN statement Oracle seemed to choose a full-table scan. Then we deleted the statistics for the table. After that, Oracle followed our hint.

Is this the way Oracle works? With statistics Oracle chooses, without statistics I can choose?

Marko. Received on Sat Feb 05 2000 - 04:25:43 CST