Interfacing web application with Oracle database

From: Priyesh Patel <priyesh_at_mercurie.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:22:05 -0000

Hi,

I am putting together a design for a website which needs to cope with at least 100 database
transactions per minute. What would be the best way to interface the Oracle database.

Would I be right in thinking that I really need to have a daemon process running which has a
permanent connection running. If so, there is still the issue with trying to optimise the handling of
several concurrent transactions. A single or a small number of daemon processes would presumably end up as a bottleneck when you scale up such a solution.

Your views on how this has been implemented successfully elsewhere would be most welcome.

Regards
Priyesh

Checkout alternative to IR35 : www.mercurie.co.uk/ir35 Received on Sat Feb 05 2000 - 04:22:05 CST