Re: ORA-12560 : protocol adaptater error

From: <efflerch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 13:07:57 GMT

In article <8790je$l5b$1_at_news3.isdnet.net>,   "Nicolas L." <nicolas.lobrot_at_fra.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After rebooting the server we have this error : ORA-12560 : protocol
> adaptater error.
> The listener seems to run normaly but we can't connect as INTERNAL and
> restart DB instance.
>
> Do anyone have another idea than a new installation of the server ???
>
> Nicolas L.
>
> BTW : after reading the news i've checked the permission of the temp
file in
> /var/tmp it seems to be ok.

hi
maybe you have exceed your max processes

we had similar problems (8i on a Compaq Proliant at WINNT) and found out that
Compaq Insight Manager Service did not allowed to give the old processes free, so we
could not connect to database after a certain time (already connected people had no problems)
So we turned off all Services from Compaq and Things were working. Bye

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 07:07:57 CST