PL/SQL Array generation

From: Pierre Oub <POub123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:03:40 -0500

Hi everybody

I would like to copy "somewhere" an image of record i want to update later. I use this only for 3 or 4 records each time (but very often).
-1- So i would like to create a VARRAY of record to store the selected
record,
-2- Do my update.
-3- Then i need an answer from an external procedure (it takes 5 secondes)
-4- If it's a bad answer, i would like to copy the update back the records.

I can use a classic rollback, but i don't want to lock the table for such a long time (5 secondes).

I try to create my ARRAY, but i have a invalide error.

Can anyone could give me a direct to fix it ?

Thanks

My script

CREATE OR REPLACE
PROCEDURE my_proc PROCEDURE (modify_by IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL) IS TYPE t_emp IS VARRAY(10) OF my_database.emp%ROWTYPE; v_emp t_emp := NULL;
BEGIN

      SELECT  *
      INTO      v_emp
      FROM    my_database.emp

WHERE id = '99999';
END my_proc;
/

When i generate it ia have this error, but i check and i can see my EMP table.

LINE/COL ERROR
5/3 PLS-00493: invalid reference to a server-side object in a local context
5/3 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

--

Pierre Oub

Remove "123" to answer me Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 16:03:40 CST