Import data from Excel or Lotus to Oracle 8i

From: Lesley Boughner <lesley_at_vimich.com>
Date: 2000/02/01

Hello everyone!
Please excuse my lack of knowledge in Oracle 8i, I've just been put on this project 2 days ago and I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed. We're in a crunch and I don't have a lot of time to take my time and research and learn oracle the way I'd like to.

I'm looking for the best way to import data from Lotus or Excel (doesn't matter whichever is easier, the data is currently in DataEase) into Oracle 8i. Do I have to write batch files or a VB procedure? (I'm a vb programmer so that's what I know) Could anyone point me in the right direction - to articles or a book in particular that would help me with.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Lesley Boughner Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST