Re: Import data from Excel or Lotus to Oracle 8i

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:24:40 GMT

Lesley Boughner,

There are dozens of ways to do this task. I do this kind of thing every day.

Here is what works for me:

  1. Use Excel to write the data in a CSV format
  2. Use the import tools in Golden (shareware tool at: http://www.benthicsoftware.com/products.html) to import the CSV file into the Oracle table of interest.

Rock.

In article <876tn802oab_at_enews4.newsguy.com>,   "Lesley Boughner" <lesley_at_vimich.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> Please excuse my lack of knowledge in Oracle 8i, I've just been put
on this
> project 2 days ago and I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed. We're
in a
> crunch and I don't have a lot of time to take my time and research
and learn
> oracle the way I'd like to.
>
> I'm looking for the best way to import data from Lotus or Excel
(doesn't
> matter whichever is easier, the data is currently in DataEase) into
Oracle
> 8i. Do I have to write batch files or a VB procedure? (I'm a vb
programmer
> so that's what I know) Could anyone point me in the right direction -
> articles or a book in particular that would help me with.
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
> Lesley Boughner

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 11:24:40 CST