Re: Is oracle case-sensitive?

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/31

Oracle is case-sensitive. No this cannot be changed in any simple way.

Mostly, people store text in either all upper or all lower case and then code where clauses using functions upper() or lower() to control this case-sensitive feature.

In article <3895BE44.BC122E6F_at_interaction-eng.com>,   kevin_at_interaction-eng.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am new to Oracle and am moving a web application that uses JDBC from
> Oracle 7 to Oracle 8.0.5. I have had problems with parameters that are
> passed to the application/database being case-sensitive. Is Oracle
> case-sensitive? If yes, can this be changed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CST