Re: hot Oracle 8 / NT backups

From: Christoph Gehrke <christoph.gehrke_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/01/29

Hi Robin,
try this:

run your RDBMS in ArchiveLog mode

with at command (NT) start a script using the servermanger (svrmgrl, svrmgr23...(oracle)) with following commands

connect internal [pw]
alter tablespace <name> begin backup;
....(all tablespaces)
exit;

then windows:
copy all nessesary files: data, system, redologs.... to backup directory

again servermanager
connect internal [pw]
alter tablespace <name> end backup;
....(all tablespaces)
exit;

but please:
training only at non-production system!

Christoph

GunHack schrieb in Nachricht <86t8er$v5p$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...