Oracle 8i and RedHat 6.1 startup problems cannot login

From: Ashish Pai <ashishp_at_piteck.com>
Date: 2000/01/29

I have installed oracle 815 on RedHat linux 6.1 . have 80mb of RAM and 13 gb disk space. The installation appears to have been successfyl ( The stuff was down loaded from oracle website ).

When I start the svrmgrl and issue the startup command ( after connect internal ) I get the following error imediately

svrmgrl> startup
ORACLE instance started.
ORA-01012 : not logged on

the ps command shows the pmon, smon .... as started . Also no errors in alert log. For some reason process does cannot connect to the SGA.

Any gurus to shed light?

Tia Received on Sat Jan 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CST