Will Pro*C v2.2 + Sqllib80.lib Create an Oracle v8 Compatible App?

From: GHouck <hksys_at_teleport.com>
Date: 2000/01/29

Related to my earlier question about v7.3 applications running within Oracle 8 environment (without SQL*Net 2.x), I have found out from the Oracle On-line FAQ that the answer is NO.

I have re-compiled my 7.3 Pro*C application, using Pro*C v2.2,
(from Oracle 7.3) but using the Oracle 8 SQLLIB80.DLL/.LIB,
and it compiles and links just fine.

My question now is: will this application function within the Oracle (Net)8 environment, without SQL*Net from the Oracle 7.3 environment?

Windows NT4 (SP5), Pro*C 2.2, Oracle 7.3.x, SQLLIB80.LIB, VC++ 5
(the development environment)

Windows NT4, Oracle 8.x (the target environment)

Thanks,

Geoff Houck
systems hk
hksys_at_teleport.com