Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: DriftWood <drift_wood_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/27

In article <38904321.73D4B53F_at_Unforgetable.com>,   Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> I've been on this newsgroup for quite some time and have a couple
> questions.
>
> Why is it that every newbie on the oracle newsgroups automatically
 post a
> message asking for a way to determine the number of rows in a table
 without
> using count()?
>
> Why is it that every newbie also seems to automatically ask how to
 create a
> temp table in Oracle?
>
> It seems that the newsgroup spends an inordinate amount of time on
 these
> two issues and that newbies never read the thousands of messages on
 the
> subject before they post their own query.

GAD! you've unravelled the mystery of the sphynx.

:)

-cheers
  DW

(uhh... this WAS a rhetorical question wasn't it?)

"It is a kind of good deed to say well; and yet words are not deeds.   -William Shakespeare"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST