Re: Oracle DBA CBT

From: <mnma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/28

I bought all of the CBT from Oracle and thought they were a waste of money. The OCP tests are based on command line while the CBT's waste a lot of time going through gui's and OEM. There was screen after screen of 1. Press the Start button. 2. Press button for Oracle Schema Manager. etc. I don't know what you mean by Test Prep books from Oracle University but the books you receive when you take one of the DBA track courses are really all you need.

Mike

In article <3891C8B6.CB6CD9A8_at_ce.ryerson.ca>,   David Wilson <dwilson_at_ce.ryerson.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in hearing from anyone who has tried the Oracle DBA
 CBT
> materials
> as advertized at http://education.oracle.com/tbt/ocp8.html. How did
 you
> like them, what did they include, did they effectively train you for
 the
> DBA OCP tests and were they as useful as the test prep books that you
> get at Oracle University for the courses they give.
> Please feel free to contact me at dsawilson_at_Hotmail.com
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST