Re: JDBC errors with Oracle

From: Stephan Schlecht <stephan_at_software7.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:14:52 +0100

We also had Problems connecting to Oracle8i with JDBC thin drivers. We did try serveral thin drivers. The solution was to install the JDBC drivers on the linux server and then we took these JDBC driver and it worked without problems since them.

Stephan
--

Software 7 GmbH           Tel: 0941-7979682
Bahnhofsstr. 18           Fax: 0941-7979683

jmsalvo wrote:

> I had the same error connecting to Oracle8i on Linux, using the JDBC
> drivers with JDeveloper 2.0. It turns out to be a bug with the
> version of the JDBC drvers shipped with JDeveloper 2.0.
>
> JDeveloper 3.0 came out with the proper JDBC drivers.
>
> So you may want to get a much more recent JDBC driver.
>
> In article <86gopd$pco$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> ntolia_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to interface Java with Oracle 8.0.3. I used the
> > Oracle 8 JDBC Thin drivers from Technet (Version 8.0.4.0.6 for NT
> 4.0).
> >
> > However on trying to connect, I keep on getting a SQLException
> > which says -- "java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from
> socket".
> >
> > I know for a fact that my usernames are valid (though using invalid
> > usernames brings up the same error) and that the DB does _have_ data.
> > am also guessing that my connect string is correct as I can use
> SQL*Plus
> > to access the database using it and insert/delete/update data. Does
> > anyone have any idea why I am getting this error ? All help would be
> > appreciated. Have included my JDBC calls below
> >
> > I first do a
> >
> > DriverManager.registerDriver (new
> > oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver() );
> >
> > and then the call to the connection is
> >
> > con = DriverManager.getConnection (
> > "jdbc:oracle:thin:@"+CONNECT_STRING,"username" ,"password");
> >
> > where
> > CONNECT_STRING =
> >
> (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(HOST=my.host.name)(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521))(CONN
> > ECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)))
> >
> > I also did try jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:1521:<database sid> but
> > got the same error.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Niraj.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net Complaints to news_at_netfront.net Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 04:14:52 CST