Re: Probelm with EXTERNAL procedures

From: Owais Anjum <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:53:43 GMT

I've done both the things. I've also started extproc listener in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files. That is why I am getting the error message from extproc.exe which is titled "Bad Image".

I'll try to get the document by tech support. I'll be waiting for more feedback by you people though!

Cheers

In article <86otap$osf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Nabil Courdy <moab_at_emirates.net.ae> wrote:
> Have you compiled the procedure that references
> the external procedure?
>
> ALTER procname COMPILE
>
> Also, you must start a extproc listener which
> must be defined in the listener.ora and the
> tnsnames.ora.
>
> There is a nice short document that tech support
> can send you on how to call external procedures.
>

> > I am using external procedure to call a C dll from a stored
procedure.
> > Breifly stating, I have performed the following steps:
> >
> > 1. Made a C dll. (e.g. notifier.dll)
> > 2. Declared the data dictionary library in Oracle. (notify)
> > 2. Defined the wrapper external procedure in Oracle with similar
name
> > parameter parameters as of the C procedure
> >
> > Now when I make the call to this external procedure, I get this
Error
> at
> > the client side:
> >
> > ORA-06521: PL/SQL: Error mapping function
> > ORA-06522: Unable to load symbol from DLL
> > ORA-06512: at "IPORA.IPNOTIFY", line 0
> > ORA-06512: at line 1
> >
> > P.S. this error is generated by extproc.exe with the title "Bad
Image"

--
Owais Anjum
Senior Software Engineer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 03:53:43 CST