Re: Sending a Line Return with PL/SQL

From: DI Karl Heinz Hörmann <kh.hoermann_at_penta.at>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:51:28 +0100

Courtney Wright wrote in <3888c584$0$87621_at_news.voyager.net>...
>I'm using Froms 4.5. I have a form setup that contains a multiple line
text
>box. Through code (programmatically), I'm populating the multiple line
text
>box with records from a table. I would like for each record to appear on a
>different line. Here's the line that sets the info in the text box:
>
>> :LADOProject :=

:LADOProject||chr(13)||Get_Group_Char_Cell('RGRec.KOM',
>rn);
>
>I figured 'chr(13)' would start a new live as it does in VB, but in Oracle,
>it just throws the square box in there (the square box your computer
>displays when the specified character isn't available in the font, you
>know...). How do I send a line feed?

How did you define the 'multiple line text box' ? what kind of object is it ?

IMHO the easiest way to populate multiple lines with text from the database is to define a block based upon that table on a specific canvas and execute a (the) query against it -

are you SURE you did understand the way, how Forms does work ?

regards Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 20:51:28 CST