Re: database link & db integrity

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:24:25 +0800

Larry Pettit wrote:

> Is there a way to enforce referential integrity across databases with a
> database link. I tried it and it didn't work.
>
> I have database1.tableA and database2.tableB. TableB is the parent in
> another database and I would like to make a column in tableA a FK to the PK
> of TableB.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks

Not with normal foreign key but you could do it with a database trigger...

...but remember, once you do this, you are enforcing a synchronous link with the two db's - if one goes down, then you can't insert on the other

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 05:24:25 CST